5 zucchini, ends trimmed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ sweet onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1½ cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups marinara sauce
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Basil, as needed for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise. (Try to slice them about ⅛ inch thick; this helps them roll up better.)You should get 8 to 10 slices per zucchini. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
4. In a medium bowl, stir the onion and garlic with the ricotta and mozzarella. Season with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
5. Pour 1 cup of the marinara sauce into the prepared casserole dish.
6. Place a slice of zucchini on a cutting board or plate. Place about 2 tablespoons of the cheese filling at the shortest end of the zucchini slice. Roll the zucchini into a spiral, fully encasing the filling. Place each roll, spiral side up, in the prepared dish.
7. Repeat with the remaining zucchini and filling. (If you have leftover filling, dollop it on top of any spiral that needs a little extra.)
8. Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly over the spirals. Sprinkle with an even layer of Parmesan.
9. Transfer the casserole to the oven and bake until the cheese on top is golden brown and the zucchini is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, garnish with basil and serve warm.
These Brussel sprouts with bacon are pan fried for a quick low carb side dish. Bacon makes everything better - especially Brussels sprouts!
Per serving: 103 calories, 6g fat, 9g carbs, 4g fiber = 5g net carbs. Serves 4
Prep Time 5 minCook Time 20 minutes Total Time 25 min
In a large stock pot, add the olive oil. Stir in the leek and onion. Cook until softened and translucent, about 3–5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and transfer to a food processor. Add tomatoes and red peppers, and purée until smooth.
Transfer back to the pot, and add the oregano and sugar. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Serves: 5 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Per serving: Calories: 172; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 439mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 4g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 52mg; Iron: 24%; Vitamin A: 24%; Vitamin C: 107%; Calcium: 10%
Asian Cabbage and Salmon Salad
Costco and most grocery stores including Walmart carry a asain chopped salad. Buy one of these bags.
Bake Salmon with Butter and lemon pepper seasoning in a tinfoil tent at 350 degrees for 30 min or until pink and flaky. (time varries for amount of Salmon cooked,
Arrange Salad on plate, sprinkle with Salmon and top with dressing provided.
CHIPOTLE BURRITO BOWL (Paleo)
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken serves 4
CHICKEN SAUSAGE, KALE and RED POTATO SOUP Serves 6-8
1 Tbsp coconut oil,
2 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
Bbq Chicken loaded Sweet Potato
8 oz sweet potato, baked in its skin
himalayan pink salt
5oz chicken breast cooked and shredded
2 Tbsp clean bbq suace
2/3 C avacado
1/2 red onion, sauteed in butter and salt
2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place potato inside on cookie sheet for 1 hour. flip half way through. Sautee onion while you wait. mix chicken and bbq sauce together in a bowl. When potato is done, cut open and top with chicken/bbq sauce mix then onions, avacado, and greek yogurt.
Makes 2 servings.319 calories. 9 g fat. 35 g carbs. 24 g protein
4 C spring greens
1 C tomatoes
1/2 C roasted rep peppers
1/2 C unsweetened dried cranberries
1/4 C green onions
1 Tbsp slivered almonds
1 Tbsp blue cheese crumbles
6 ounces of wild caught salmon
2 Tbsp butter
Traeger salmon shake
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp raw honey
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Instructions: Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle Salmon with traeger salmon shake. Slice lemons and place on top of salmon along with butter. Place in aluminum foil tent and bake for 20-30 minutes until flaking apart.
Layer all the salad ingredients with salmon and dressing on top.
Makes 2 servings 316 calories, 19 g fat, 24 g carbs, 23 g protein